Dagmar Delivers on Her Promises
Promised to make public safety a top priority.....
- Assisted sheriff with increasing school resource officers & deputies.
- Increased deputies’ pay to help mitigate expensive attrition.
- Pressed MoDOT to make 45 Highway turn-lane safety improvements (at Monticello/Riss Lake Drive and Klamm Road).
- Formed citizen’s tax structure committee to recommend 10-year funding for sheriff, prosecutor, courts and parks system and put funding on ballot.
Promised to support our parks, trails and community centers.....
- Set aside reserves for parks maintenance and repayment of YMCA bonds.
- Implemented a COVID-relief fund for youth sports and activities to assist them through the shutdowns.
- Created a countywide parks website listing ALL parks, trails and community center amenities in Platte County at PlatteParks.com.
- Green-lit 3 miles of important trail connects.
- Advocated for a new 12-turf field, multi-use youth sports complex at 152 & Platte Purchase Drive.
- Brokered a deal to get water and sewer lines into Platte Purchase Park.
Promised fiscal responsibility and to hold the line on the County’s property tax levy.....
- Established the $12 million CARES Act small business grant program at PlatteCountyEDC.com to prioritize small business’ survival during shutdowns.
- Saved tax dollars by reducing staff, secured a new healthcare broker for county employees and hired a new medical examiner service.
- Saved tax dollars by fighting $40 million bailouts in court, and won.
- Will continue to defend our successful case in the appeals court which prevents the county’s property tax levy from doubling or tripling.
- Advocated to legislators to give homeowners a one month window to appeal their property valuation increases, which is now state law.
- Eliminated “creative” financing that did not allow Platte County taxpayers to vote on bond issues, however still held taxpayers responsible.
Promised to improve accessibility and transparency....
- Hosted over 100 community coffees for public input & dialogue.
- Listed boards for which the commission appoints and their information online.
- Provided the public links to administrative session documents with budget impacts and video online.